I know that you have heard of YouTube, but do you know about YouTube Live and the far-reaching SEO benefits of using it to "Live Stream" your videos?
The live stream part might throw some folks off. Yes, you can record a live Google Hangout and stream it to YouTube Live.
That's a great feature for people to have mini webinars using Hangouts on Air (HOA) and get the benefits of making a high quality 1080p HD YouTube video too.
And Google does pay more attention to YT live videos than your regular, run of the mil uploaded YT vid - meaning you can get higher rankings and SEO benefits using YT Live.
But, there's another way to reap the benefits of YouTube Live streaming
, without having to be on-camera on a G+ Hangout.
Use YouTube Live to Rank Your Videos Higher, Faster
You can use use specialized software to upload a pre-recorded video to make a YouTube Live event
-- it results in a high quality video that can rank more quickly on YouTube, and Google too. (or you can hire LWZ, but more on that later if you're interested).
Why Do YouTube Live Videos Have More Search Engine Power?
The reason YouTube, and Google will reward you for using YT Live for videos is that it is a live event, it's news
. Of course, when you use software like I do to live stream a pre-recorded video, that really isn't true of course. But we taking advantage of the extra boost live streaming gives us to give our videos more visibility.
Look At These Video Stats
Why should you even care about using YouTube? Let's look at some stats from YouTube(yes, I used this as an excuse to throw some stats in my post):
- YouTube has over a billion users — almost one-third of all people on the Internet — and every day people watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube and generate billions of views.
- YouTube overall, and even YouTube on mobile alone, reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
- Growth in watch time on YouTube has accelerated and is up at least 50% year over year for three straight years.
- The number of people watching YouTube per day is up 40% y/y since March 2014.
- The number of users coming to YouTube who start at the YouTube homepage, similar to the way they might turn on their TV, is up more than 3x y/y.
And YouTube isn't the only social media platform where people young and older are watching videos
. How about Facebook?
Check out these FB stats I found courtesy of ReelSEO:
- There are 8 billion daily video views on Facebook
- More than 500 million people watch videos on the site daily
- In September 2015, over 1.5M small businesses posted video to Facebook, including native uploads and video ads.
Source: Facebook Hits 8B Video Views Per Day, Challenges YouTube http://www.reelseo.com/facebook-8-billion-video-views/#ixzz47YNSYaVr
The point of those stats? People LOVE to watch videos. And Google and YouTube,as I have already mentioned, especially like live events, because (in theory) they are happening NOW!
How We Can Help
You can partner with Local Web Zap
to utilize the power of YouTube and live streaming, and I have several solutions to offer:
- Have existing videos? LWZ can use our cutting edge software to upload them to YouTube, so you can use them again. We'll also optimize your videos, link them to your website, and send them extra "juice" to give them even more ranking power.
- If your existing videos are already uploaded to YT, then this just gives you more opportunities for people to see them, and then find your business.
- Our software also lets us turn a single video into multiple video files, so you can target multiple keywords with a single original video. It will change the title, video length, etc. of each new video, and after it's uploaded, Google and YouTube see each video variation as a unique video.
There are LOTS of possibilities. I don't recommend using our methods to spam the search engines, but we do want to take advantage of what is available when it comes to using video marketing for your business
There many ways we can help you use the power of YouTube Live events. All kinds of businesses can benefit, give us a call, we'll be happy to have a chat with you. We've got a lot of ideas!
Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/korosirego/4481461680